A selection of energy storage news from our Twitter feed over the last week.
- LG is building a factory to manufacture electric vehicle batteries in China, with the intention of serving 100,000 cars per year.
- Pumped hydro energy storage in Norway could supply Germany and other parts of Europe.
- Hydrostor is opening the world’s first commercial underwater compressed air energy storage facility in Lake Ontario, Canada.
- Fuel cell energy storage is the answer for US cities’ energy problems, according to Slate.
- The UK’s largest grid-connected energy storage battery is being built by the University of Sheffield, using Toshiba lithium-titanate batteries.