A selection of energy storage news from our Twitter feed over the last week.
- Energy storage in Texas is seeing an increase in investment, with the utility Oncor spending USD$500,000 on a lithium-ion battery storage project.
- The California Self-Generation Incentive Program has approved USD$415m for behind-the-meter technologies including energy storage.
- The Energy Collective is crowdsourcing data on the internalised costs of mature energy storage technologies: thermal, pumped hydro storage and compressed air energy storage.
- EDF is installing a combination of Alstom and Saft energy storage systems in its R&D Concept Grid at Les Renardières near Paris, France.
- The US Department of Energy has awarded USD$100m to support 32 Energy Frontier Research Centres, including four that will focus on energy storage.